This month's featured writers are Yun Wei and Toni Bee. Features each read for 8 minutes at the top of the hour. The mic opens immediately following for 20 3-minute readings, first-come, first-served, with signups available now, including a waiting list.
Dear All Voices Open Mic Readers and Attendees~
We're excited to meet with you tomorrow for our All Voices Open Mic featuring Yun Wei, Toni Bee, AND YOU at 1:00 p.m. Eastern.
1. Please log in at this Zoom link:
2. Please time your reading and be prepared for a hard stop at 3 minutes (order and waitlist attached)
3. If your plans have changed, please let us know asap so someone on the waitlist can have your spot.
4. Please feel free to invite friends to join us and listen in by registering at this link: http://www.iwwg.wildapricot.org/event-3798770
5. Please feel free to share your wonderful feedback with each reader in the chatroom.
6. Please come prepared to be on audio/video for your reading.
7. Check your computer audio and visual settings prior to the session so you're good to go.
Thanks! See you tomorrow!
Kelly & Michelle
ABOUT YUN WEI: Yun received her MFA in poetry from Brooklyn College and studied international relations at Georgetown University. Her writing awards include the Geneva Literary Prizes and the Himan Brown Poetry Fellowship. Her poetry and fiction have appeared in Poetry Northwest, Wigleaf, Word Riot, The Brooklyn Review and several other journals. For the last few years, she has been working on global health in Switzerland, where she relies on chocolate and tears to survive mountain sports.
ABOUT TONI BEE: A poet, writer, photographer, and educator, Toni is the first woman elected as Poet Populist of Cambridge, MA (2011) and in 2016 was selected as the city’s Inaugural Poetry Ambassador. She has been featured at: The Lizard Lounge, The Boston Poetry Slam at The Cantab, The Boston National Poetry Month Festival, Stone Soup Poetry, The Boston Poetry Marathon, and the New England Poetry Club. She has toured as a storyteller with the The Wang Theatre and led numerous poetry workshops for The City Spotlights Teen Leadership Program. Bee has also been a panelist at The Mass Poetry Festival in Salem & and has received awards from The YWCA Cambridge. 22 Again is her first book of poetry.